Beginners Dressmaking - Make Your Own Heyday Dungarees| 22nd October
Beginners Dressmaking - Make Your Own Heyday Dungarees
In this workshop you will make your own pair of the Waves and Wild “Heyday Dungarees”, which are a funky and comfy style of dungaree. These are easy to make and perfect for beginners learning to make their own clothes.
There is also the option on the day to adapt your dungarees into a maternity version of the Heyday Dungarees.
The dungarees have two options for the bib ties, either with buttonholes or super easy loops, to tie up your straps. You can opt to add patch pockets and the legs are designed to be rolled up at the ankle.
Come and learn a new skill in a relaxed, friendly environment. Our brand new studio space is located opposite our city centre store in the heart of Cornwall.
Check out our other workshops here !
Ability Level: Beginner and up
Course Duration:Sunday 22nd October, 10am - 4pm with half an hour for lunch
You will learn:
- How to get used to your sewing machine
- Learn how to read a pattern
- How to sew your own pair of dungarees
- The basic skills to then go on to make trousers and other clothes
You will need to bring:
- A sewing machine in good working order
- A basic sewing kit, including dressmaking scissors, small scissors, dressmakers’ pins, tape measure, seam ripper, hand sewing needles
- A printed copy of the Waves and Wild “Heyday Dungarees”. If using print at home, please ensure that your pattern pieces are assembled prior to the workshop
- Fabric requirements are between 1 metre 60cm ( 1 ¾ yards) up to 3 metres 20cm (3 ½ yards) according to your size
If you are making the maternity version, please allow an extra 40cm of fabric
- Suggested Fabrics are: Medium weight woven fabrics, such as corduroy, denim, linen, cotton drill and twill
- Thread to match your fabric
- A small amount of iron on interfacing (for a lightweight fabric only)
Get 10% off course materials at Truro Fabrics. Please show your booking confirmation at the till to access this discount.
About your tutor:
Wendy is a bespoke dressmaker and costume maker. She studied fashion design and pattern cutting in London back in the 1970’s and also qualified in millinery. She started her career working for a London film and stage costumier, making costumes and has also worked in pattern cutting and size grading for a high street store. Since then she has been dressmaking and making stage costume, historical costume, bridal and prom wear. Her speciality is working with finer fabrics with focus on detail and fit. You can find out more about Wendy at www.wendypoole.com.
Click here to read our cancellation policy.