Tilly and the Buttons Sewing Pattern - Mabel Dress & Blouse
Get ready for all the compliments with this dreamy dress or blouse with shirred waist and cuffs. Learn to sew shirring with Tilly's step-by-step guide, plus a free video tutorial by Tilly if you need extra help.
- Square-shaped elasticated neckline
- Full-length or elbow-length sleeves, with deep shirred cuff or narrow shirred cuff with frill hem
- Voluminous raglan sleeves elasticated around the shoulders
- Front neckline has a pretty frill, keyhole opening and faux drawstring ties
- Blousy bodice and floaty skirt cinched in with shirred waistline
- Make it as a midi-length dress or peplum blouse
SKILL LEVEL - Improver
SIZE RANGE - UK 6-34 / US 2-30 / EUR 34-62 / AUS 6-34
FABRIC & SUPPLIES -
- Fabric (see below)
- Matching thread
- 1.5m (1¾yd) x 8-10mm (⅜in) wide elastic
- 1-2 spools of shirring elastic (elasticated thread)
- 2 x safety pins
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Light- to medium-weight woven fabrics, such as cotton lawn, voile, seersucker, chambray, double gauze, viscose (rayon), Tencel (lyocell), lighter weight needlecord.
MODEL GARMENT SIZES - Sarah (pink dress) is wearing a size 5 (UK 14) and Sophie (gingham blouse & floral dress) is wearing a size 9 (UK 22).