Tilly and the Buttons Sewing Pattern - Skye Sundress
Reach for this throw-it-on sundress on those sticky, hot summer days when you don’t know what else to wear, or layer it up over a t-shirt as the sun goes down. The easy-fitting empire waist bodice is gently shaped with pleats under the bust and has a neat bias binding finish on the inside.
The slightly square scoop neckline is designed to cover a bra, with optional bra strap stays for added security. Add the optional faux ties to the straps for an extra touch of whimsy. Choose from mini-, knee- or maxi-length hemlines for the floaty, gathered skirt. And, of course, it has side seam pockets for your ice cream money!
Skill Level: Confident beginners
- Matching and contrast thread
- 2.8 metres of bias tape OR 0.4 metres (40cm) fabric to make your own
- Optional: 2.6 metres iron-on seam tape
- Small piece of iron-on interfacing
- Sewing machine and basic tools